Saturday, December 27, 2008

Information You Should Have

I found this video profoundly educational, so I posted it for the benefit of those who come to my site. Americans should be concerned with information we can use, and not just with the entertaining "conversation" that is typical on social networking sites and too many blogs. In these delicate economic times I hope those who visit my site will put aside some time each day to increase our financial acumen. Consider the video as a supplement to your financial awareness. View it a few times, as I did -- then pass it own to people you know. If you like what you have learned, and you have a mind for money matters, consider reading a very good book called Crash Proof, by Peter Schiff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read excerpts from this book. It seems that the author neglects to realize the global nature of current economic problems. Yesterday I spoke to a friend in Germany. If I didn't know better, the economic problems we discussed could be here instead of there. As for investing in gold, I believe it may be too late to deploy this strategy.
I think our survival will depend in part on our ability to barter and trade locally. This point was made in the book.

Darren Palmer said...

Good point Tim. I'll defer to you on the international aspect of it since you have traveled widely. I found the book to be a great education for me personally. As for gold, he convinced me that it is still the best store for any wealth you might posses now. I do agree with you that for us common folk without the 'means of production,' we might well become familiar with bartering and trading. However, even with that you need something of value to start with.