Friday, August 1, 2014

The Nneka Truth


Okay, so I enjoy listening to interesting people. My favorite subject of late is Nigerian artists, Nneka Egbuana. Her music is hip, soulful and very fresh.  The woman has pipes too. Probably what fascinates me most is her apparent authenticity and candor. She is someone whom American youth should know better. I have been watching interviews she has given and the sure sign of an intelligent person is one who takes their time to listen and think before answering. I especially love how she does not take litmus tests, and that she does not exercise acts of vanity or feign docility in her responses -- behavior far too common among popular American personalities. Culturally speaking, young people today are in good hands with the likes of Damian Marley, Lupe Fiasco and Nneka Egbuana.

In an example of how positive people have exponential impact, Nneka has inspired me to learn more about activist Ken Sariwia. One Love.








No comments: